Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Family of Six??

Welcome back to the hansen havoc blog! My apologies for not posting in a while, but, as you can tell by our blog name - hansen HAVOC, it gets a little crazy around here.

Well, on with the story:

Ever since Rylie was born (she is now 4), she has had to have someone lay in her room at night until she falls asleep. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to try something different. We have a loft right outside of her room, and so I told her that I would be there in the "pink chair" (as they call it), reading my scriptures, while she fell asleep. Well, needless to say, she does a pretty good job of going to bed by herself now. Both she and Tyler do get up a couple times while I am sitting there - they are fascinated that I "color" my scriptures.

Well, a few nights ago I had put some laundry on right before they went to bed. I was sitting in the pink chair and Tyler got out of bed to come see me. He said he couldn't sleep because he heard a noise. We finally narrowed it down to the clothes dryer. I told him I was doing some laundry so he would have some clean clothes. He responded by asking "Just my clothes?" I told him no, there were his, Rylie's, mommy's and daddy's clothes. Without missing a beat, he confidently and proudly told me that we should have a family of six and I should have two more babies.

For the record, no, we are not having two more babies (or one).

6 comments:

Higleys said...

Kids are fun. I'm glad Riley can go to sleep by herself now. What a big girls she is becoming

MaryBeth said...

That kid needs to be put in his place! It always blows me away when kids say stuff like that...jeesh!

Lissa said...

"and a little child shall lead them...." ;)

*~Petra~* said...

I agree... you need more kids. Oh, and you forgot to mention that the reason you have not been able to blog is because you have been too busy LOSING 50 POUNDS! You look super! :)

Higleys said...

What???? You lost 50 lbs. You suck. I'm totally happy for you but so jealous I could kick you. Way to go. Don't you love having sisters that rat you out on things?

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. It made me chuckle!!! :D xx